Monday, September 26, 2005

down

well, it's been 8 days since the water outing, and my knee is better, but not runnable yet. i thought it would have been by now, so i made an appointment to see dr. spears this thursday. all of the discomfort has gone away throughout my inner leg with the exception of a very localized spot on the inside of my leg, near the top of the tibia. based upon my web research, i'm guessing that i've hyperextended my left MCL, that it's a first- or second-degree sprain, and that RICE and time are all that i have at my disposal. certainly, i would feel a little bit better if a trusted medical professional would tell me that (or more specifically, tell me that it's not something worse).

and of course, a big 10k here in town is coming up this sunday, and i suspect that i'll be watching from the sidelines.

on a more positive note, i did find a roommate for my trip to boston next april: my friend tracy from the austin runners club. he's a seasoned marathoner and ultra-marathoner; we met at the saturday AM duncan park club runs ~5 years ago. he's been to boston before as well--i'm glad to have a friend aboard to split the cost. now if only this knee would heal faster...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home